Unemployment is low, employees want advancement and qualified job-hunters have their pick of jobs. How can your organization stand out from others? It’s not enough to offer great products, great service and a great workplace if no one knows what an outstanding workplace you offer.
That’s why many organizations opt to apply for workplace awards. Being able to tell prospective employees that you’re a Best Place to Work – with the evidence to back it up – can go a long way.
Though the rewards are great, it can, admittedly, take considerable time and effort to apply for some of these honors. Often the applications require extensive data collection, employee surveys and several essays.
Each year, Rhudy & Co. helps our clients target, apply for – and win – prestigious awards, such as Working Mother’s Top 100 Companies, Diversity Inc. Top 50 and Gallup Great Workplace. We also help companies apply for smaller but important designations such as Virginia Values Veterans’ V3 award. We assemble the data, crunch the numbers and write the essays. We can even submit applications for our clients.
Here are some reasons that many employers feel awards are worth the investment:
- Retain employees. Winning a "stamp of approval" from an unbiased source improves employee morale and gives your staff bragging rights. It also allows you to show how you care for your employees.
- Attract new employees. Awards help attract top talent, because people want to work for a winner. And an honored company is likely to offer good job security.
- Show your customers and clients that you care. Organizations that take care of their employees or who are committed to being their best will attract customers who value that loyalty and hard work.
- Benchmark against the best. Most awards include a scorecard that gives you a chance to take an objective look at what you’re doing well – and what you can improve.
- Associate with other winners. In addition to positive media coverage (often national), winning an award proves that you've made it to the big time, alongside other top organizations.
Interested in how your company can be a winner, too? Rhudy & Co. has years of experience helping our clients garner prestigious awards. We can help you brainstorm and apply.
Lisa Crutchfield, a former Richmond Times-Dispatch reporter, loves to help our clients tell their stories, make sense of their data and win big!