During this season of giving, there are many opportunities and means for sharing a bit of yourself.
You might make a fruitcake or some of those peanut butter cookies with the Hershey’s kisses on top. You might knit a wooly scarf or decoupage a pot for that poinsettia.
I’ve tried some of these homemade gifts. Some have turned out better than others. I ask forgiveness of anyone who’s tried any of my baked treats that didn’t come in a Mrs. Fields box.
The thing I know a little more about is writing. I love words and I love to share them. So I thought I’d take a moment to share some of my favorite words from some of my favorite writers — and thinkers.
These quotes reflect the great affection I have for my colleagues at Rhudy & Co., as well as my appreciation for our wonderful clients.
I think it’s always great to be reminded of the importance of friendship, and I’m so blessed to get to work with some great friends!
• It's funny: I always imagined when I was a kid that adults had some kind of inner toolbox full of shiny tools: the saw of discernment, the hammer of wisdom, the sandpaper of patience. But then when I grew up I found that life handed you these rusty bent old tools - friendships, prayer, conscience, honesty - and said 'do the best you can with these, they will have to do'. And mostly, against all odds, they do.
—Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies
• To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
• Ricky was "L" but he's home with the flu,
Lizzie, our "O," had some homework to do,
Mitchell, "E" prob'ly got lost on the way,
So I'm all of the love that could make it today.
— Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends
• Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." — C.S. Lewis
• We can do no great things; only small things with great love. — Mother Teresa
• As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. — Proverbs 27:17(NKJV)
• Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. — Christopher Robin to Pooh (A.A. Milne)
Spend the holidays with someone you love — and tell them so!
Merry Christmas and best wishes for a joy-filled holiday.
Donna Dunn works hard to ensure that her son and daughter are best friends. Ok, maybe just really good friends.